Monday 11 April 2016

Mummy Food

Today I decided to make a recipe I've know about for years, but for some reason, never brought myself to make. It has been like that with a lot of things on the spiritual path actually.. Things I've known about for a long time and in which I have no doubt of their power, but somehow hadn't engaged with.. It's like I am content with the knowledge it is there and that it could be very beneficial for me, but I like more the abstract idea of something I could engage with and gives me something to strive for and fantasize about. 

Illogical I know, and perhaps has also been previously driven by a deep lack of self-love, or connection with self-love, meaning disconnection with myself. I somehow on an unconscious level didn't feel like I was worth enough to feel good, to move into my power and potential, and was disconnected from my current life, my current incarnation. Preferring better to live in the realm of potentials, in the ether, and not manifest that reality in the current life. 

This 20-year pattern has now altered substantially in recent times, directly attributable to a Kundalini yoga and ayahuasca retreat I did in Peru in December 2015 and my own path to becoming a Kundalini yoga teacher which began officially in October 2015. More specifically, I was credit a very direct and determined shift in my thinking attending the White Tantric yoga day in London at the end of January of this year, and then subsequently beginning my 40-day, 31 minute meditation on March 2nd, which is a requirement of my teacher certification. I chose a meditation from a fantastic manual entitled I Am a Woman, called 'Meditation for Restlessness and Loneliness'. I am actually on the path to do this meditation for 120 days (from the yogic scriptures, 40 days to change a habit, 90 to confirm the new habit, 120 to become the new habit, and 1000 days to master the habit). This meditation has literally rewired my brain and has begun to integrate my subconscious and conscious minds, but more on that in another post.

I also attribute a new manifesting energy, and the clarity of actions and strategies to achieve my goals, of overcoming inertia to also embarking on a 40 day practice of the Kundalini yoga kriya called 'Sex Energy Transformation' which began on March 12th, but also more on that later.

Thus, under these new conditions, it occurred to me early this morning to try the 'Mummy Food' recipe, given by the psychic, Edgar Cayce, during one of his trance states. He stated that the recipe for this simple cooked gruel consisting of chopped dates, figs, and cornmeal, came to him in a dream and was known to be a very spiritual food in ancient Egypt. 

As my desire for corn is epic, even though it purportedly has very little nutritional content and is acid-forming and inflammatory in the body, I figured there must be something in it, perhaps in alchemical combination with other ingredients, that my higher self knows something about. 

So a couple hours ago, I finally made it, and wow! I could tell from the first spoonful that there was something special about this combination, that it wasn't ordinary food. Upon eating a small bowl of it with some hemp milk, I felt an immediate uplift, a clearing of my nasal and bronchial passageways which are generally clogged to some degree, and a pressure at my third eye point. One could say this was a boost from the obviously high sugar content from the dried fruit, but this was definitely not a sugar high- there was no heart rate increase, head rush, and generally ill stomach feeling that accompanies a massive outrush of insulin into the bloodstream. This was an energetic uplift completely, and the direct result was the idea to begin this blog! Starting a blog was something I had thought about for years and had been encouraged to do, but again never did for some reason. Like I couldn't handle to do it, in the past.

That's all changed now. 

So, my dear audience, I hope you enjoy the beginning of my sharing of my life-long spiritual path, and maybe with Guru's grace, it helps to shed light on your own. Thank you for reading.

Please see the 'Mummy Food' recipe from the book, Edgar Cayce on Diet and Health, below. 

Go ahead and try it! :)   





5 comments:

  1. Do not trust secondary sources as that is not the recipe as received by Edgar Cayce. The original recipe can be found in reading number 2050-1 available on the Edgar Cayce ARE site.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great Minds Think Alike! Do as the redings say lol A half handful means according to your size HA!

      Use Your Own Mind People!

      THINK! It Is Not Hard PRACTICE

      O:)

      Delete
  2. It doesn't have to be literal corn btw. Back in Cayce's time, different grains were often referred to as "corn" for some reason. Makes it confusing for us today.

    Though not technically grains, I personally prefer it with quinoa or amaranth.

    I've also figured out that if one has a very powerful, high speed blender like I have, then grinding them up in water at the highest setting for a bit is also enough to help release the beneficial properties. I suspect it's a combo of making it easier to digest, and breaking down the tiny little seeds in the figs. Both cooking, and very high speed blending in water would accomplish both to a similar degree, though different methods.

    What I do is to take some dried figs and dates, put some water in with them, grind up until it's a thick paste. Then I add some chocolate cashew almond milk, some cashews or hemp seeds, a little vegan protein-super food powder, some chocolate flavored super food powder, and liberal amounts of ice and then reblend--adding more vegan milk if need be.

    That then goes into a large vacuum insulated thermos and often covers a meal or two for me, which I usually combine with intermittent fasting anyways.

    I've only recently started this routine, but I've noticed it's starting to have a similar effect as did the traditional mummy food recipe, the rare times that I would make and eat it fairly consistently for a period.

    There are almost always more than one way to skin a CAT. Sometimes it just takes some intuition and/or experimentation (which is often prompted by intuition/guidance to begin with, smile).

    My sense is that it's Edgar and his guidance approved. I've had some interesting dreams about Edgar over the years, and there is a definite connection of some kind.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment is for the unknown person that is directing people to the Edgar Cayce site.

      You don’t sound helpful at all but out for money. If you were truly helpful you would put the correct recipe in the comments. Instead your trying to get more members on the Edgar Cayce site. Edgar Cayce was helpful. 😐

      Delete